There are many ways to get involved
- Parent Representatives for local schools and preschools
- Home Tour Committee
- Annual Appeal Committee
- Grant Writing
Create a Facebook Fundraiser for New Canaan CARES
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click Raise Money
- Select Nonprofit
- Type New Canaan Cares in the search box and select
- Fill out the requested information
- Click Create
Set your Amazon Smile account to support New Canaan CARES and know you are helping CARES just by going about your daily routine.
Host a Special Event for Family and Friends
Perhaps a coffee to spread the word about CARES?
Spin, yoga or pilates session?
A luncheon with a speaker?
Book chat with friends facilitated by our ED?
Any other family fun ideas welcome – contact us!
A legacy gift could be made in one of the several ways.
- Bequests in a will or trust
- Beneficiary designations in a retirement fund such as an IRA, 401(k), or 403(b)
- Beneficiary designation in a life insurance policy
- Or outright gift of life insurance cash value
If you would like to discuss how you can leave your legacy with New Canaan Cares, contact the office at 203-966-7862 for a meeting.
New Canaan Cares relies on strong volunteer involvement
Every Dollar Counts
Below are examples of how your generous donation will be used.
Up to $99
- Contributes to a prominent local speaker
$100 – $499
- Supports a child through the Middle School Leadership Program
- Helps provide dinner for our Elder Buddies
$500 – $999
- Enables our High School Leadership Students to connect with youth and the community in our Mentoring through Media Program
$1000 – $2499
- Sponsors a high school candidate for the CARES
$2500 – $4999
- Sponsors a semester of our after school KidPOWER Youth Leadership Program
$5000 and above
- Underwrites a National Speaker for Community Speaker Series